Qudos Bank Arena - Workplace Safety Policy
Qudos Bank Arena Workplace Safety Policy
Qudos Bank Arena has a responsibility to protect the health and safety of all employees, contractors, visitors and volunteers by providing a safe and enjoyable workplace. The Workplace Health and Safety Act 2011, and Regulations 2011, relate to all persons who enter the venue or are affected by our activities as a PCBU (Person Undertaking a Business or Undertaking). Management and staff understand that they have a non-transferrable ‘duty of care’ to protect persons from harm, injury, illness or abuse.
Qudos Bank Arena manages our workplace responsibility in a consultative manner with all stakeholders, according to the Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems outlined in AS/NZS 4801:2001.
The promotion of safe work practices is demonstrated by:
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant Legislation, Standards and best practices.
- Ensuring that all employees, contractors and other service personnel have undergone a Venue Safety Induction that informs them about first aid response, emergency evacuation and venue Policies.
- Providing safe work conditions and safe systems of work.
- Providing opportunities for our staff to up-skill through structured training modules.
- Ensuring staff and contractors have undertaken training and are competent to undertake their roles and responsibilities.
- Encouraging staff and stakeholders to be involved in the consultation process for the development and implementation of written procedures and instructions for our WHS Polices.
- Providing training, resources, mentoring, support and finance for Managers / Supervisors / Team Leaders to fulfil their obligations as set out in the WHS Act and Regulations.
The identification and assessing of workplace hazards is demonstrated by:
- The assessment of risks being undertaken by competent persons and preparation of SWMS.
- Identifying and reporting hazards immediately as they come under notice.
- All staff being involved in providing practicable and sustainable hazard reduction solutions.
- All stakeholders actively promoting safe work practices by their own competence and compliance.
Our duty of care provisions are supported by:
- Responding positively to people who may be affected by workplace activities.
- Ensuring an effective Incident reporting and evaluative system is in place.
- Investigating accidents / near misses to establish the cause and to prevent similar occurrences.
- Providing a compassionate ‘Back to Work Policy’ for injured employees.
- Providing SDS and other required safety information for ready use.
- Providing competent workplace supervision of our staff and contractors.
- Ensuring that all staff / contractors are committed to wearing / using PPE safety equipment provided.
The Executive Management is accountable for preventing workplace injuries and illnesses. All employees, contractors and service delivery personnel are expected to contribute to workplace safety by using safe work methods and being aware of their colleague’s capabilities. We expect all stakeholders to contribute to and participate in supporting the efforts of the Qudos Bank Arena WHS activities.