The FIBA Women’s Basketball World Cup 2022 is FIBA’s flagship women’s competition and one of the most prestigious competitions in international basketball. 144 of the world’s best players from 12 of basketball’s powerhouse nations across Africa, Americas, Asia & Oceania and Europe will descend on Sydney Olympic Park for 38 games to be played across 10 days from Thursday, 22 September to Saturday, 1 October 2022.
It will be the second time Australia has hosted the FIBA Women’s Basketball World Cup following the 1994 edition, which was run across four cities (Sydney, Adelaide, Hobart and Launceston).
Host venues for the FIBA Women’s Basketball World Cup 2022 include Sydney SuperDome (Qudos Bank Arena) and Sydney Olympic Park Sports Centre (Quay Centre).
- For more information about the tournament, including ticket prices and availability, please visit https://tickets.womensworldcup.basketball/
COVID Safe Information
READ IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Face Masks are strongly recommended and should be worn when physical distancing of 1.5m cannot be maintained with people outside of your party
- Please STAY HOME if you are feeling unwell, have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or is awaiting COVID-19 test results (including yourself) or are considered a close contact by NSW Health
- Practise high-level hygiene, including washing your hands and/or using sanitiser regularly while inside the Arena
- Please arrive early
- Remember to share your tickets with the group or party coming with you before you arrive. More info on sharing here
- Be aware the Arena is now cashless
- Minimise the size of bags you bring to the Arena – No backpacks of any size or bags over A5 (200 mm x 150 mm) sizing will be permitted into the Venue
- Follow signage and the directives of staff at all times
- Patrons must only sit in the seat number printed on your ticket
- Consider your travel options, plan ahead and allow extra travel time
- If you’re planning to catch public transport visit transportnsw.info for the latest travel advice
- More information on Qudos Bank Arena COVIDSafe measures here